The bald eagle is a species of birds. They’re found all over north america. Most of the population of balds eagles are in Alaska. There is 70000 of them living in Alaska. There is 20000 in British Columbia which makes most of the population of bald eagles living in the northwest coast. There is currently a law in place in north america which makes hunting bald eagles and golden eagles illegal to hunt. the law was passed in 1940 because bald and golden eagles illegal to kill. Now, bald and golden eagles conservation status is least of concern. they are still being protected because of being to national bird of north america.
Native America Culture
Bald eagles are sacred birds in Native American culture. In Native American culture, Bald eagles are a messenger between humans and god. They use the legs and wing bones of bald eagles for ceremonial whistles. The Lakota, Give a Bald eagle feather as a sign of honor to people who complete a task.
- When they dive, they can reach up to 100 mph.
- When they fly, they can reach up to 75 mph
- The oldest bald eagle was 38 years old when it died in 2015
- The average lifespan of a bald eagle is 20 years old
- Bald eagles do not sound intimidating. Their voices are like a bells sparrow.
- Young bald eagles are not bald
- their scientific name is Haliaeetus leucocephalus
I hope you enjoy my blog and had a nice day. I will write tommorow about another animal. I hope the rest of your day is good