Today I will be talking about Ceres, one of the dwarf planets in out solar system. I hope you like my blog.
- Every single dwarf planet is located in the Kuiper belt except for Ceres, which is located right in the asteroid belt.
- Ceres orbit takes 4.6 earth years to completely orbit.
- It takes nine hours and four minuets to completely rotate.
- Ceres can’t be seen with the human eye, unless the circumstances are just right.
- Ceres for a century was considered an actual planet , then an asteroid, then a dwarf planet.
- Ceres name comes from the Roman goddess of agriculture and corn.
- It is also 1/3 of the asteroid belts mass even though it is the smallest thing in the solar system.
- Ceres also has a weird white spot that scientists can not explain, but they seem to dim and brighten slowly. It is guessed to be hydrated magnesium sulfates (Epson Salts).
- Its temperature is about 221 degrees Fahrenheit.(105 degrees Celsius)
- It has more water than earth even all together, it is covered by a dusty clay like surface.
- Ceres is the only dwarf planet is our solar system that does not have a moon.
- It was discovered in 1st January 1801 by Giuseppe Piazzi.
- It is between Mars and Jupiter and is the only planet in the inner solar system.
- Pluto is 14 times larger than Ceres and is the same size as Texas.
- Ceres is 25% water and has more water than earth.
I hope you all enjoyed my blog. My next blog will be about a different dwarf planet.