Today I will blog about all of the dwarf planets! I will be blogging about them in order! (I can never find Haumea in the solar system photos)
- Ceres was named after the Roman God of agriculture.
- It has bright patches on it, which are most likely ice or salt.
- Ceres may have a atmosphere.
- Ceres is the only dwarf planet that has no moons.
- Pluto was named after the greek god of the underworld, named by a 11 year old girl.
- Pluto has 5 known moons Nix, Stix, Hydra, Kerberos and Charon.
- Pluto can sometime can have a atmosphere , it has a strange orbit and it sometimes goes into neptune’s orbit and the some of the ice thaws and a thin atmosphere made of mostly nitrogen.
- Pluto is 1/3 water in ice form, the rest is rock.
- A day on Haumea is 3.9 hours long.
- Haumea has 2 moons Hiʻiaka and Namaka named after Haumea’s daughters.
- Haumea is named after the Hawaiian god of childbirth.
- Haumea is the third brightest thing in the Kuiper Belt.
- Makemake has 1 moon.
- Makemake is named after the god of fertility in Rapanui mythology.
- Makemake does not have a atmosphere even though scientist thought it would.
- Makemake was named 3 years after it being found.
- Eris is named after the greek goddess of strife and discord.
- Eris has 1 moon named Dysnomia.
- Eris sometimes is frozen and sometimes thawed.
- Eris is the biggest dwarf planet.
I hope you enjoyed my blog!