Today I will be blogging about Eris, a dwarf planet in our solar system.
- Eris once was consider the tenth planet in our solar system, before Eris and Pluto were reclassified as dwarf planets.
- Eris is named after the Greek goddess of strife and discord.
- Eris has one moon, named Dysnomia the Greek goddess of lawlessness, after Eris’s daughter.
- Eris is so far away from the sun that sometimes the atmosphere will freeze
- Dysnomia takes 16 days to complete a full orbit around the moon.
- All of the objects in the asteroid belt could fit in Eris.
- Eris takes 557 years to orbit around the sun.
- The temperature on Eris is about -358.6 Fahrenheit degrees and -405.4 degrees farenheit or -217 Degrees Celsius to -243 Degrees Celsius.
- Eris’s orbit is and oval like shape so sometimes, Eris is sometimes the farthest planet in the solar system sometimes, but not always. It goes through Pluto’s.
- In its atmosphere most likely has methane and nitrogen, most likely it is frozen.
- Some people call it Pluto’s twin, they are basically the same size.
- Eris is the second largest dwarf planet in the solar system.
- Eris was first seen at 2003, we could not figure out what it was. But was considered actual planet a by M.E. Brown C.A. Trujillo & D.L. Rabinowitz in January 5th 2005.
I hope you enjoyed my blog, I do not know which dwarf planet will be next.