Today my blog will be about mars. I hope you enjoy it.
- Mars has 2 moons, Deimos and Phobos both of them are way smaller that our moon.
- Deimos is from Greek mythology, the personification of terror. His name means dread.
- Phobos in Greek mythology was Deimos twin brother, also he is the personification of fear.
- It was first found by the Egyptian astronomers.
- Mars out of all of the planets in the solar system has the biggest dust storms.
- Mars name comes the roman god of war, due to the blood red color, it is actually red due to the iron on the planet.
- At some point mars will have a ring, because Phobos will be destroyed in about 20 million to 40 million years because mars gravitational pull.
- Mars has the tallest known mountain in the solar system. Olympus Mons which is a volcano, it is 13 miles high. Earths tallest mountain , mount Everest is 5.4979 miles high.
- Mars temperature can go to -153 °C to 68 °C or -243.4 °F to 154.4 °F.
Image of mars is from space facts I hope you enjoyed my blog and my next one will be about Jupiter, and also sorry my blog came out late in the day. I couldn’t focus on it verry well.