Hello, today I am going to write about my Ancestery.
If you do not know what Ancestry DNA is; it is a website that you send DNA into and they analyze it and tell you where you are from.
Here is a bit of back story. On December 24, 2017 (also known as Christmas Eve), our mom showed us that she got us Ancestry DNA kits. After Christmas we put our DNA into the kits, put it back in the box, and sent it in. Yesterday, we checked our Email and Ancestry said “Your Results are in”, so we checked our Email, logged into Ancestry, and checked our Results.
My results look something like this
- Ireland/Scotland/Wales 36%
- Europe West (Belgium, France, Germany, Netherlands, Switzerland, Luxembourg, Liechtenstein) 31%
- Scandinavia (Sweden, Norway, Denmark) 21%
Low Confidence Regions
- Iberian Peninsula (Spain, Portugal) 6%
- Europe East (Poland, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Austria, Russia, Hungary, Slovenia, Romania, Serbia, Ukraine, Belarus, Moldova, Lithuania, Latvia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia. Thats alot) 3%
- Europe South (Italy, Greece) 2%
- European Jewish (Poland, Belarus, Ukraine, Russia, Hungary, Israel) < 1%
The things I was not expecting about that was DEFINITELY European Jewish and pretty much everything in Europe East.
The Weirdest thing of all about this is, how Julie and London’s results were actually REALLY different.
This is the end of the blog. Hope you enjoyed. If you have done Ancestry.com, and have the results, share them in the comments and compare them to mine, even though if you are reading this you are probably related to me, but if you aren’t maybe Ancestry says otherwise.